question

bognorboy avatar image
bognorboy asked

Unable to add multiplus-ll to VRM portal after following all instructions. id not found, error message

we are new to Victron and have tried to add our multiplus gx to the VRM portal. we are using an ethernet connection but to no avail ? Error message: id number not found.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Check in the Remote Console (locally) if the VRM Portal ID is the one you try to add.

Settings-VRM Online portal-VRM Portal ID

For my Cerbo GX the VRM Portal ID is the MAC address of the WiFi. They made a change a few firmware revisions ago.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bognorboy avatar image bognorboy commented ·

Thanks seb71 for pointing me in the right direction.

0 Likes 0 ·
bognorboy avatar image
bognorboy answered ·

Thanks for your response. I accessed the remote console on my local network and confirmed that the id number i was trying was correct.

As regards to the MAC address were you using windows ?

Also i read that it is possible to copy the GX file onto a USB stick & upload that.

Would i find this file on the remote console?

1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Is this new or second-hand?

You said that you are using Ethernet.

So your Multiplus II GX is connected with an UTP cable to a LAN port of an Internet router, which has Internet access. Correct?

Which GX firmware version is it (check in Remote Console)?

If you select to only check for updates ("Check only") and then manually check for updates, does it find an update (assuming it is not already at latest, which right now would be 2.66)? This is to test that it can access the Internet.

As regards to the MAC address were you using windows ?

MAC address is like a serial number of a network card. It has nothing to do with Apple Mac if that's what you were thinking. And if not, then I don't understand your question.

0 Likes 0 ·
bognorboy avatar image
bognorboy answered ·

Thanks will try your suggestion. I did not understand the mac address point. My understanding of these terms is basic. this is all new to me.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic