question

rreynolds51 avatar image
rreynolds51 asked

Where does the V.E. Bus low voltage alarm originate?

I monitor the voltage at my batteries in addition to the VE Bus voltage. All other voltages are fine but I am occasionally getting the Low Voltage alarm on the VE Bus. I'm trying to understand where this voltage is monitored so that I can isolate the issue.

VE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@rreynolds51

We have one system that does this. It is an interesting one. Found the issue to be a cell balancing board that was faulty and was shutting down and switching back on and bringing the bank voltage down then pops back up again.

The battery is one approved by Victron and has comms with the gx, but the battery itself never says anything about it. But is it noticed by the ve bus.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pauloreilly77 avatar image pauloreilly77 commented ·

Hi @Alexandra

We are experiencing this on multipal systems. We are not seeing any BMS alarm from pylontec batteries. Victron Multiplus is in a alarm standby state i think.

How did you get a resolution?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ pauloreilly77 commented ·
@Pauloreilly77

The battery was taken in for repairs. All they ended up doing was removing the cells and tip balancing them with a charger made specifically for single cell charging. Then re-assembled with the cell board replacement, a battery firmware update.

Battery performance is amazing now. And no more errors. No system updates or other changes were made.

0 Likes 0 ·
pauloreilly77 avatar image pauloreilly77 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Hi Alexandra,

So to confirm.

You were recieving VE Bus Low battery alarms.?

No battery warnings were present from BMS?

These issues where resolved by proper ballancing of cells?

Thank you for clarifying as we have persistant problem with Victron multi's shutting down when reaching aprox 88% SOC.

No BMS Alarm is recorded only a VE bus Low battery alarm which I assume originates in the multi. This makes no sence as batteries are >50vdc under under charge from the solar.

Fault never occurs at night.

I am trying to establish whether the VE bus alarm can be generated from the BMS and somehow not recorded.

Cheers Paul

0 Likes 0 ·
rreynolds51 avatar image
rreynolds51 answered ·

Interesting. We are using lithium batteries and I haven't noticed anything lately but could of been and issue. I'll monitor it.

Thanks.

2 |3000

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

check your cables between the battery and the Multiplus. Low voltage VE.Bus is likely coming from the MultiPlus terminals.

2 |3000

Related Resources