question

hpzuidema avatar image
hpzuidema asked

Replace bmv 702 by bmv 712 smart

Can I replace my bmv 702 by a bmv 712 just by replacing the clock or do i need other cables?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you can just replace the head unit everything else is the same

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danishgod avatar image danishgod commented ·
I have a BMV 700 and want to replace with a BMV 712. The 700 is hooked up to the Blue Solar MPPT via a VE cable. Can i just replace the Battery Monitor with the new BMV 712 unit and hook up the VE cable and not bother with the shunt? I want the blue tooth capability but not the hassle of putting in the shunt in a close quartered Airstream TRailer.

thanks for your thoughts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ danishgod commented ·
A BMV doesn't connect to a solar controller via VE.Direct. You likely have an MPPT Control, not a BMV.
0 Likes 0 ·
southsideph avatar image
southsideph answered ·

I'm not 100% but I think the difference between the BMV702 and the BMV712 has the addition of blue tooth but apart form that I believe thy are the same

Rgds

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic