question

Manda avatar image
Manda asked

Bluesolar MPPT 75/15 HS ?

Hi,

I connect 2*40W polycristalline PV on my MPPT 75/15 to charge 7 Ah battery (for electric car). VictronConnect shows me : Power = 15W, Voltage = 19.2V, Current = 0.8A during Absorption. When I connect only one 40W module, things seem better (e.g. Power rises above 26W). Measured directly, each PV gives Voc ~21 V, Isc ~ 2,4A.

A couple of months ago, I connected 600W PV on this controller without any problem…

Any explanation ?

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
A couple of months ago, I connected 600W PV on this controller without any problem

With the same 7Ah battery?

That battery should be charged with something like 2A (about 25W).

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Maybe but its a guess

are you are placing the two panels in parallel then maybe one is pulling down the other ones voltage. thus lower output.

try them in series so the voltage goes higher to 42 volts.

to test each panel use a DC clamp meter join one panels neg and pos and then the secound panels neg and pos and place both in good sun light measure the amps each produce.

then disconnect each panel and measure the open circuit voltage of each panel.

these should match what the panel tag says.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Manda avatar image
Manda answered ·

when disconnected from the controller, I get from the PV 2.2A current and ca 39V voltage (serie connection). And see the attached once everything is connected. It's getting worse… 0A charge current also when I connect one pv module (ca 19V). About clamp meter measures: I got quite the same values on the clamp meter and the panel before everything is getting worse ! A couple of days before, it was able to charge the battery, but never went beyond 38W (I tried serie and parallel connection).bluesolar7515.jpg

bluesolar7515.jpg (89.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Manda avatar image
Manda answered ·

I tried several configuration, but this controller don't charge anymore!

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Check the fuse that is directly at the MPPT.
mppt-fuse.png

0 Likes 0 ·
mppt-fuse.png (453.9 KiB)
Manda avatar image Manda commented ·

fuse checked: not blown, even tried with 15A rated fuse and other new 20A ones, but it still doesn't charge.

0 Likes 0 ·