question

mrautenbach avatar image
mrautenbach asked

Multiplus shows Off on Colour Control after firmware update on Multiplus

Good day.

We installed a Victron Multiplus 48/5000/70 with a Color Control GX and MPPT 250/60.

After updating firmware on Color Control and Multiplus the inverter shows Off on display of color control. The MPPt and battery do come up on display on Color controller but no Multi plus.

There are power on the inverter and works as normal with correct outputs. It's clearly a VE.Bus conflict. Are there any way to hard reset the Color Control?

firmware updategx deviceAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Try pressing the two top buttons simultaneously, and then releasing them.

9 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrautenbach avatar image mrautenbach commented ·

I had tried that multiple times with no luck.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ mrautenbach commented ·

Can you post a picture of what you are seeing?

0 Likes 0 ·
mrautenbach avatar image mrautenbach Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Inverter not connecting to Color Control

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0700.jpg (69.1 KiB)
img-0701.jpg (46.8 KiB)
img-0703.jpg (49.9 KiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ mrautenbach commented ·

That all looks good (except for the missing multi).

Can I get a photo of both data connections on the back of the CCGX and the multi?

Be careful, as the connections are close to live terminals.

0 Likes 0 ·
mrautenbach avatar image mrautenbach Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Back of Color control and Multi connection

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0706.jpg (56.9 KiB)
img-0705.jpg (55.6 KiB)

Have you tried swapping ve.bus ports on both, and a different Ethernet cable?

Also is the inverter actually on and inverting? It looks like the inverter light is off?

0 Likes 0 ·

I have tried everything, new cables, previous firmware on inverter and back to latest. When I started up the sytem the first time before firmware update the inverter where showing on Color Control.

0 Likes 0 ·

I presume it is connected to the internet, please send the VRM id and I can see if there are any clues there.

0 Likes 0 ·
tjuliard avatar image tjuliard Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Did you ever solved it, I have exactly the same problem with mine. Multiplus some time show as Multi and the Color display see it off sometime it wont even show.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you could also try a detected system in the CCGX

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi Paul where do I do the detection on the CCGX. The Multi plus selection does not come up.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ironically, and unhelpfully, the detect system options are in the Multiplus menu, which is not appearing for you.

1 Like 1 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B mrautenbach commented ·

Another thing I have noticed on my own system which is a multipus 48/5000 as well is if you still have a MK2 connect then this off on the CCGX shows.

another thing is upgrade the Multiplus firmware to the latest 433 version. may help you never know

mine was on 430 so have upgraded it to 433

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I had to do it a few weeks and its quite hard to find

I dug through the menus until I found It.

I have not got a CCGX near me as I cant remember the exact spot

2 |3000

julian-monedero avatar image
julian-monedero answered ·

Hi, did you solve the problem? I do have the same problem with a three-phase Multiplus II 48/5000. It appeared in the Color Control the first time but now it desapear and I cannot detect the Multiplus II in the Color Control anymore. How did you sole it if you actually did?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Julian, I had replaced the Color Control. Problem solved

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VEConfigure Assistants manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic