question

adrianevd avatar image
adrianevd asked

Multiplus II charging and discharging

Hi All.

I had a system consisting in approx. 7 kwh installed solar panels, one Fronius Symo 10.0-3, one LiPo battery of 5.5 kwh and a Multiplus 3000/48 inverter installed on Phase 1; everything works flawlessly. However, I decided to upgrade the system adding one more LiPo battery of exactly the same capacity therefore I needed a more powerful inverter to charge the batteries quickly. I purchased and installed a Multiplus II GX 5000/48. After this nightmare started. Having exactly the same settings and charging parameters, the inverter is charging and discharging on every 10 seconds no matter what other settings I modified. I found another thread where a “EasySolar 48/3000 / 35-50”

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/9810/easysolar-ess-randomly-switches-charging-dischargi.html is having similar behaviour but at a lower frequency between charging and discharging. I am using .481 firmware with ESS. I am finally using HUB-4 assistant that works ok’ish.

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

More information is needed.

Especially how the Grid tie solar has been connected and setup

full wiring diagram would also help

Pictures of the installation

a printout of the victron Assistants installation and there settings

Screen shots of all the VE configure settings

have you got a GX device installed and are you connected to the victron VRM

how is the BMS connected,

how is the BMS set.

0 Likes 0 ·
adrianevd avatar image adrianevd Paul B commented ·

Hi, and thank you for quick reply.

BMS is connected directly to the batteries (not communicating with the Multi).

capture1.jpgcapture.jpgess.jpgmp2-inverter.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
capture1.jpg (70.0 KiB)
ess.jpg (65.3 KiB)
mp2-inverter.jpg (67.0 KiB)
capture.jpg (70.5 KiB)
2 Answers
tozz avatar image
tozz answered ·

You say you have an existing Multiplus 3000 and you purchased a new Multiplus 5000 GX.

The Multiplus GX has a GX/VenusOS/controller device build-in. There should be 1 and only one GX in any system. It sounds like you now have two.

Also, are your batteries connected to each other? Or do both MultiPlus units each have their own battery? Batteries in one system should all be parallel connected .

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adrianevd avatar image
adrianevd answered ·

Most probably because the Cerbo is connected to the multiplus (so they are two).

There is any way to disable the "build in" GX and use an external Cerbo ? (I would like to use the touch screen).

2 |3000