question

manny-martinez avatar image
manny-martinez asked

Blue Smart Charger stuck on Bulk Charge for hours

I'm charging my Battleborn LifePO4 using the Lithium-ion preset and it's been stuck on Bulk Charge @ 13.7V for hours now. Is this normal?

Lithium Batterycharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Manny Martinez,

if the battery has been drained before or never charged, this is normal. Depending on your charge settings bulk should stay on until at least 14.2V is reached.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

manny-martinez avatar image
manny-martinez answered ·

@Stefanie this is my first charge on the battery. so this is expected for this scenario?

3 comments
2 |3000

@Manny Martinez,

to give you a more detailed answer, we need more information on your setup

• What type of battery - total amp hours , one or more, in series or parallel?
  • What type of Blue Smart Charger?
  • Blue Smart Charger Settings?
  • Any other devices in that setup?
0 Likes 0 ·
manny-martinez avatar image manny-martinez Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Looks like it finally started moving! Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ manny-martinez commented ·

Good to know. Make sure you have all settings correct and in accordance with the Battleborn spec. sheet.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?