question

jorge-gonzalez avatar image
jorge-gonzalez asked

¿can i Use the MPPT Controller without battery?, for a load powered in 24VDC

Can I use the MPPT Charger as DC-DC Converter?,it will be for loads powered in 24VDC.

So:

We will connect in a MPPT Charger PV terminal as Input DC Voltage range from 43 to 56Volts

In the battery terminal we will connect our loads in 24VDC.

I hope to have your support soon

Jorge G

mppt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi!

for some loads it might work, by accident.

for most it doesnt.

its a configuration we don’t support

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jorge-gonzalez avatar image
jorge-gonzalez answered ·

If I connect a Little 24V battery as reference, It might work??

Br; jorge G

5 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Maybe, maybe not - impossible to predict.

its not what we make the product for; sorry

0 Likes 0 ·
jorge-gonzalez avatar image jorge-gonzalez mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

sorry, I dont understand your last answer.

if the input is powered from solar panels and the output have a 24V battery plus loads, it will work as a standard system, why did You say that it is not what you make a product for¡¡¡¡, please could you explain me waht did you mean??. ..

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ jorge-gonzalez commented ·

if its not a super small battery; then yes, it will probably work.

The point I'm trying to make is that we design and test the product for situations with a reasonably sized battery.

And not for no battery, or having only a super small battery just because thats necessary.

The battery is more than just a reference, its there to create (voltage) stability.

0 Likes 0 ·
jorge-gonzalez avatar image jorge-gonzalez mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I got It,

How we can know, what is the minimum AH battery that we can connect??, Example: MPPT 150/60, Is it ok with a battery in 30AH??

BR, Jorge G

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ jorge-gonzalez commented ·

I'd expect that it would, yet. But it will depend on the size and the type of the load.

I'm really sorry, but I'll never give a straight yes/no answer to these questions. You'll really have to try yourself. Perhaps if you find a good quality distributor, they let you try with a unit at their warehouse.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic