question

gawan avatar image
gawan asked

How to configure Absorption Voltage and / Time ?

Hi,

I am using 3 x 3000 Multiplus II and 2xMPPT 250/100 and 1xMPPT 250/60 on 20 kWh LTO batteries that I want to operate between 50 and 60V.

Unfortunately I do not really understand the absorption and floating parameters in the VE Configure Charget Tab.

Could you please verify and correct my understanding ?

Absorption Voltage is on 59.5 V

Float Voltage is on 59.5 V as well

That means that the Charger fills the batterie up to 59.5 V in "bulk" mode (withouth any amps limitation). At 59.5 it stops filling it and now I tries to stay as close to 59.5V as possible.

The difference between float voltage and absoption voltage is not clear to me.

Repeated Absorption Time is on 0.5hrs, absorption intervall is on 1 day, absoption time is on 2 hr.

That means that after 2 hours of absoprtion ... what happens ? I have no idea .... same for the 0.5V parameter.

Please help me to understand these seetings :)

BR

Claudia

battery chargingfloat
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Gawan

Hi Claudia,

What betteries do you have? Are you using the manufacturer recommended voltages?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Normally Absorption and Float are different voltages advised by the battery manufacturer.

IE

Absorption is 59.5 (used to fill the battery )

Float is 54 volts (used to maintain the battery in full condition)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alham avatar image
alham answered ·

Bulk mode charges the batteries to about 80%, absorption brings them up to 100%. This is in three-stage cycle.

In two stage cycle absorption mode acts as bulk and absorption because they are (usually) of the same value.

Float keeps the batteries at full charge.

Your battery manufacturer's website should have details of all charging parameters.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic