question

tomskk avatar image
tomskk asked

The best way to connect Victron components

Hi, i'm new to Victron.

What is the best way to connect Multiplus 24/3000/70-50, MPPT SmartSolar 100/50, Venus GX, BMV-700 and VE.net Blue Power panel ?

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus GX - VGXsmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

I'd change the Blue Power Panel for a Venus or Color Control, then read this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:start

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomskk avatar image tomskk commented ·

I will use a Raspberry PI with Venus software instead of Color Control GX, but was just wondering if i can still use the Blue Power Panel somewhere in the system, since solar plant is 30m from the house and the Raspberry Venus will be in the house. I thought i could use the Blue Power Panel in the shed.

http://www.prilipe.si

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know the bluepower panels outputs are not sent to the CCGX so its stand alone in the shed

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

The RPi GX will need to stay in the shed. Just the cable lengths to the kit hanging from it makes it impractical to have so far away. Just a single ethernet cable (or EoP, maybe even wifi) to the house router, hence to a laptop or suchlike will give full functionality.

I wouldn't install the Blue Power, The BMV will give you enough local monitoring of the all-important V.

All of it you can monitor/control from the house.

Is this installation totally offgrid?

4 comments
2 |3000

tomskk avatar image tomskk commented ·

Yes, its totally off-grid.

How is RPi GX connected to the system ? Via USB Mk3 cable or CAN (Canberrydual V2.1).

How about one RPi GX without display in the shed where the solar is, and one RPi GX with display in the house, connected via local network, for monitoring ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments