question

djingis avatar image
djingis asked

'Tank overview' page with Cerbo GX tank level inputs only

In the manual for the GX Tank 140 there is a beautiful 'Tank overview' page that can be enabled. The Cerbo GX have four tank level inputs that I want to use and I don’t want to add a separate GX Tank 140.

Can the 'Tank overview' page be enabled when I just use the Cerbo GX tank level inputs and don’t use the GX Tank 140?

Or must the the GX Tank 140 be connected to the Cerbo GX to be able to activate the Tank overview' page?

18302-1616104100120.png

cerbo gxVenus OSgx devicetank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey @Djingis, that new overview isn’t available yet;

Its coming soon though. I hope within weeks, and otherwise one or two months.

my apologies for the mixup in timing between the feature and the manual publication.

It will work for your Cerbo: its not related to the Gx Tank itself

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cleaver avatar image cleaver commented ·

Can't wait for the new screen. Hoping I don't have to purchase the 140 though. I already installed KUS sensors in the tanks. But I see there is no black tank labelled yet. Interested to see what icon you add for that.

0 Likes 0 ·
djingis avatar image djingis commented ·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy)

The Venos OS version 2.66 released on 11 April did not contain this fix. Any update of when the firmware with this fix will be released?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ djingis commented ·

its planned to be part of v2.70, still a few weeks from now.

0 Likes 0 ·
superdavidone avatar image superdavidone mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi,
any news for Cerbo GX firmware release?

Davide

0 Likes 0 ·
djingis avatar image
djingis answered ·

Thanks for the quick reply @mvader (Victron Energy)! Was just at the boat today and noticed that the new 2.65 firmware was available. Did an update hoping this added the tank overview page.

Great that this feature is coming soon! It looks really good. Glad I got rid of my old tank instruments. Have no problem waiting a bit longer when it's just a timing issue and not a configuration issue or missing feature from the cerbo.

2 |3000

nim avatar image
nim answered ·

Can the tank overview display tank data that is available on the CAN bus?

2 |3000

safiery avatar image
safiery answered ·

With 2 x GX Tanks installed

We quite like this compact display...

screen-shot-2021-05-04-at-64829-pm.png

2 |3000

silvano avatar image
silvano answered ·

Hello mvader. Could you let us know if the Cerbo page with the tank levels is available already? What firmware is required? Is there a manual or instruction for users to understand how to visualize it? In fact, I have firmware v2.64 showing tank levels as % values only. With the page showing tanks, I could see Liters as well. But how to generate that page in the first place? Regards, Silvano

2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·
@Silvano you need minimum firmware of 2.70 and when loaded go to "menu", "settings", "display and language" and select "show tanks overview" as on.
2 |3000

silvano avatar image
silvano answered ·

Thanks a lot. It works, indeed. Regards, Silvano

2 |3000