question

brent1982 avatar image
brent1982 asked

Control Multiplus with GX Touch

As stated, from memory and towards the end of 2020, the ability to control a Multiplus 12/3000 via the GX Touch 50/Cerbo GX simply didnt exist.

Is this still the case, or has there been an update implemented that now allows this to occur? If so, does it also control current limit? Not that id want to adjust that anyway. And does it work with a Ve.Bus BMS installed?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jetskier avatar image
jetskier answered ·

The latest Cerbo firmware has the ability to change the input current limit on the Multiplus 12/3000. I believe it was v2.65~8 and above released in the last week or so.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

This limitation applies only in combination with the VE.Bus BMS running Victron lithium batteries.

Since the last official FW update (released a few weeks ago) it is possible to control the input current. Switching the Multi/Quattro on/off is still not working.

5 comments
2 |3000

brent1982 avatar image brent1982 commented ·

That's such a pity. I dont really have the space do install a DMC. Do you know if there is anywhere to address this in a future update?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ brent1982 commented ·

I don't think there will be an update in the near future.
As far as I know this is a limitation of the VE.Bus protocol.

But you also could use the small BMS ( BMS400100000 ) and connect two inverting remote on-off cables ( ASS030550100 ) to the load and charge disconnect of the BMS and to T-sense and AUX 1 of the Multi.
Than you install the "two signal BMS" assistant at the Multi.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Smart_BMS_CL_12-100/en/appendix.html
(7. MultiPlus-II and MultiPlus 3kVA or more)
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Connecting-other-lithium-battery-systems-to-Multis-and-Quattros-EN.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
pim avatar image pim commented ·

Are you sure about this? I believe I can switch of my Multiplus 800 (from 2013) via the VE. BUS on the Cerbo GX? Or is it not 100% off then? For sure I can switch from charger to inverter and as far as I can recall, also "off" is a possibility in the same menu? Or does it have to do with the model of the Multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·
showtime3 avatar image showtime3 commented ·
This seems crazy. Is this still not a feature? I know my Color Control GX can do it and the GX Touch has the same exact screen options with the on/off option at the bottom. I will have to cancel my order if it cant do a simple thing like control the inverter.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem showtime3 commented ·
On/Off/Charge Only and current limit setting works BUT not with the VE.Bus. My guess is The VE.Bus BMS can't read states inside the GX device so there would be a conflict between what the GX devices wants and what the BMS wants.

As I understand it, the two-wire BMS doesn't have this limitation. Also the new Lynx BMS while expensive also doesn't have the limitation.

0 Likes 0 ·
sec avatar image
sec answered ·

I have hit the same issue. We did not get control panel as no space. We have Cerbro and gx touch. It uses same bus and control has menu that would appear to allow control, but I cant get multipoint to even power up.

just seams crazy

2 |3000