question

alistair-jeffcoat avatar image
alistair-jeffcoat asked

Why is my Venus GX beeping?

Hi there,

We have a radio site that has 3 x Pylontech 3000 batteries connected to a Multiplus 48/1200/13 Inverter Charger and a Venus GX. Under commissioning of the site no AC was present and the batteries have now gone flat. So the Inverter charger has a solid LED alarm which will be as a result of the pre alarm for battery low being activated. The site is now has an AC connection and Inverter charger is starting to recharge the batteries but the Venus GX is making a loud beeping noise every 1 second or so. What is causing this and how do I stop it? Is it as a result of the low voltage alarm being activated on the Inverter charger. We can't remotely connect to the Venus GX device as the radio equipment is off due to the batteries being too low. Thanks Alistair.

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I guess it is the low battery alarm. You can only stop it via the remote console. The venus should create a own WiFi network which you can use to access the remote console.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/accessing-the-gx-device.html

You could also try to restart the venus by unplugging the power supply for a few seconds this should also reset the alarm.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rountree avatar image
rountree answered ·

I've configured the GX to offer a Dbus/TCP connection to a remote Node-Red host that is already established and has nodes for other things, but it works the same way when running locally on the GX.

MyAARPMedicare

2 |3000