question

swellmarcel avatar image
swellmarcel asked

Cerbo GX denying WiFi/Bluetooth and Remote Console, i tried all i could find here in the Forum, what else might help?

Hey People,

i got my Cerbo like 2 Weeks ago and almost everything worked fine in the very beginning. But only for a very short time. When i first connctec via BT via Victron Connect App it worked, same with WiFi. But after Firmware Update 2.63 it stoped both connecting with WiFi and Bluetooth. I also discovered that i don't have access to Remote Console. I rebooted, i reinstalled older Firmware, i disconnected the Cerbo Touch Display, i moved it a bit more far away of al the other Victron Parts. Nothing helped.

But one thing is interesting. I already connected with 4 different WiFi Networks and all of them worked for a very short period. Yesterday i had an idea and tried to connect to my neighbors Network and it worked for a few minutes, but unfortunately then lost connection ever since. No reconnection possible.

The Cerbo is showing correctly all Networks and it seams the new networks might work in the very beginning.

Another thing i discovered, once i tried connecting the Cerbo with its own Network, the Venus HQXXX... it did. After that i had very short connection with my main WiFi Network again - but now even the Venus HQ Network doesn't connect any more. Saying Failure/Disconnected.

Now i´m really out of ideas what might help. Hopefully i described everything in the best way so you could understand what my issue is. Thanks for help. Cheers, Marcel

cerbo gxBluetoothremote console
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

swellmarcel avatar image swellmarcel commented ·

One thing to ad: connection via LAN cable is without any problems.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

A factory reset often helps with computers.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

swellmarcel avatar image swellmarcel commented ·

How do i do it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ulrich avatar image Ulrich swellmarcel commented ·

Go to Settings, then 1st. option, then 3rd. option.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ulrich avatar image Ulrich swellmarcel commented ·

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/451

Complete factory reset is not possible. Sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·
swellmarcel avatar image swellmarcel Ulrich commented ·

Thx, that's why i was wondering. Well, it helped for a moment anyway, but lost connection again... Thanks for replying. Should be a great feature to resort to factory setting, quite unusual that its not possible. Any idea why?

0 Likes 0 ·
swellmarcel avatar image swellmarcel Ulrich commented ·

Thx, unfortunately i doesn't work for Cerbo GX. Or i couldn't figure out so far. It's a pity.

0 Likes 0 ·
swellmarcel avatar image
swellmarcel answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy)maybe you have any idea what's going wrong?

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

hi swellmarcel, I might yes: try wifi with the gx touch disconnected. Does that work? I’ll explain the details tomorrow morning.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Decided to not wait for the morning: details and solution for wifi problems that go away when removing the GX Touch 59 display here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/82877/cerbo-gx-wi-fi-issue-when-having-the-gx-touch-conn.html

My apologies for the trouble swellmarcel!

And I hope (and expect) that to solve it for you. Pls let me know the result.

0 Likes 0 ·
lshantz avatar image
lshantz answered ·

I am NOT impressed with the firmware group. I'm having what I believe is the same problem. I turned on the system after being off for awhile. I noticed the solar was not charging. So I log into the Cerbo GX. First thing it tells me is I need to update the firmware. That seems reasonable. Update firmware. BAM!! LOCKED OUT! Now I have lost the inverter. The Multiplus now is off completely! ?? After totally isolating the Multiplus, it comes up. So something serious is wrong with this firmware. Not only did it lock me out of my bluetooth app, saying it is the wrong password, but it shut down the inverter and I suspect the smart solar is having similar issues.

How do we revert to older firmware?

1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
How do we revert to older firmware?

Read the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
Christopher A avatar image
Christopher A answered ·

My Piece of Sh$^ Cerbo is doing the same thing. Lost the wifi network and fails to reconnect. Does anyone know how to reboot or default a cerbo when you cannot connect to it besides removing the power? Also, when it fails to connect to a wifi network you cannot delete that network and rescan for it. Hours of aggravation trying to get it to connect. Would a sledge hammer be a viable solution?

3 comments
2 |3000

Christopher A avatar image Christopher A commented ·

It was working fine until 2 pm today. I did not change anything or touch it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ulrich avatar image Ulrich Christopher A commented ·

In the settings under VRM there is the item "Restart device if contact is lost" This should be activated. I entered a value of 5 minutes.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
Does anyone know how to reboot or default a cerbo when you cannot connect to it besides removing the power? Also, when it fails to connect to a wifi network you cannot delete that network and rescan for it.

If you can connect an UTP cable between your Cerbo and your router, you should be able to manually reconnect to the same WiFi network. This is how I do it (I have the same problem with WiFi since firmware 2.62).

For me firmware 2.60 is better for WiFi.

One other option (until they fix or improve this) might be to enable the setting which automatically reboots Cerbo if it loses Internet connection ("Reboot device when no contact" under VRM online portal settings).

Edit:

Or, if you have the Cerbo display (you did not mention it), you might have this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·