question

narnbak avatar image
narnbak asked

Charge profile for West Marine 8D gel batteries

I own a Victron Phoenix 24v battery charger and a Victron BMV700 battery monitor.

Now I've just bought a new battery bank: 2x West Marine 8D Gel 225 Ah. I'm trying to figure out its charge profile. On the label it reads this:

These charge values are quite wide in range and specify only 2 stages. How do these translate to Victron's 4 stage charging concept?

I tried to search on the web for further specification from the battery manufacturer but couldn't find anything.

Meanwhile, the manual of my Victron charger says these standard charge profiles are built in:

Should I just go with profile number 1, which seems to be the default profile for gel batteries, even though its voltages vary slightly from the label on the battery?

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

that will probably work fine, especially as the Victron voltages are probably at 20 degrees C

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I agree with Boekels comment

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.