question

bear avatar image
bear asked

Node red login

All of a sudden when I go to Venus.local:1880 a screen comes up requiring username and password

i don’t believe I did anything to set this up and I don’t know what the username and password is

is there a default or a way to stop this happening ?

Raspberry PiNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

Password protection of Node-Red is linked to the remote console. If a password is set for the remote console, this password is also used for securing Node-Red. The username is admin, the password is the remote console password.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Michael Weimar avatar image Michael Weimar commented ·

sorry, this answer does not help...

I followed the documentation, so it does not help to refer me to it... :(

1 Like 1 ·
jameshoare1964 avatar image
jameshoare1964 answered ·

Exactly the same thing happens to me whether i use the Cerbo's IP address or whether I use https://venus.local:1881/ . i dont recollect ever setting up a Node Red user or password, so at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.

1 comment
2 |3000

Michael Weimar avatar image Michael Weimar commented ·
I have exactly the same problem.

The System ask me for Username and Password.

Both, I never setup...

Is there a standard UN/PW combination?

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Weimar avatar image
Michael Weimar answered ·

My setup is a CERBO GX

When I update with OS-large, enable node red in settings, I do get the menu-option venus-large

When I try and start node-red, it will open https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1881, with heavy warning from window; "unsecure linke2... etc... and then it prompts me for:

Username:

Password:

I have no clu what so ever...

Cheers Michael

2 |3000

Michael Weimar avatar image
Michael Weimar answered ·

1671299840795.png

this is the screen shot.. it is actually in German... :))

1671299840795.png (19.9 KiB)
2 |3000