question

shicks3 avatar image
shicks3 asked

How to stop discharge TO the Jeep

I have a small (but awesome) system with Victron BVM 712, Solar Charger, Battle Born batteries in my camper. When I have the tow Jeep connected, I can see on the 712 a discharge of 5 amps or so. When I disconnect the discharge goes back to under 1amp. It is negative number, I'm sure it is a discharge.

I know about the battery separators, etc. and could technically use one. But I don't need to separate charging onto two batteries. I wondered if there is something to just block the flow into the Jeep. A big diode? :-)

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 Limited with idle shutoff and a lithium battery.

Thanks!

discharge level
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I guess you could use an Argo Diode:
https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-isolators-and-combiners
or any other diode rated for the voltage and current.

But with a diode you will always have a voltage drop of 0,3-0,4V across the diode.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shicks3 avatar image
shicks3 answered ·

I found out a regular towing lighting diode (80 amp) will work. Roadmaster 690 or700 series. Thanks!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic