question

Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX asked

electrolyte quality

Hi readers,

After 9 years, I am not sure my electrolyte is up to norm. To measure it, I intend to a) equalize, b) reach full SOC and end of absorption, c) cut off every load and charge, d) wait at least 2 hours and e) read my electrolyte density.

The difference with the "normal" density should allow me to top up as needed (water or acid).

Any other bright idea?

batterylead-acid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Lionel, the best way to know the real state of your electrolyte is to use a refractometre. In Amazon France you can search for this model : B08BJ7TW5V

You will see how the batteries are charged, and if any have issues.

Michel

PS: I do use such tool for my OPsZ battery bank, and it really helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX answered ·

Good morning again MichelG!

I use a good Facom refractometer (with a good leather apron to save my trousers from holes). It gives the same measures as the traditional density meter with tha advantage of automatic temperature correction.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic