question

Dave Anderer avatar image
Dave Anderer asked

Cerbo GX and 702 and Multiplus - confused

I'm more than a bit confused.

I've just installed a Multiplus, Cerbo GX and BVM702. Multiplus is connected to the Cerbo via a VE.Bus cable, 702 to Cerbo via VE.Direct.

The Cerbo Remote Monitor shows that both the MP and BVM exist. They're also shown on VRM.

However, using VictronConnect via either BT or Wifi the only device that shows up is the Cerbo. I don't see the inverter or monitor.

I had *thought* the Cerbo would let me see and configure these devices. I've since been told I need a Mk3 for the MP. Bought it and when it is connected I do have access to the MP in VictronConnect.

But what about the BVM? Why can't I see that in VictronConnect via the Cerbo? How do I configure that short of using it's screen?

At this point the Cerbo is doing far less than I expected. So clearly I was or am confused about what it can do.

Any education greatly appreciated.

cerbo gxBMV Battery MonitorVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Dave Anderer answered ·

..and of course I meant BMV not BVM.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

BMV-702 does not have Bluetooth built-in.

But you should be able to change its settings using Cerbo GX, with VictronConnect VRM.

2 |3000

Dave Anderer answered ·

Ah. Ok, so if I go into VictronConnect, choose VRM rather than Local, choose the Cerbo, I can then select the 702. I guess this represents the fact the Cerbo is the gateway, and the 702 is accessed via the Cerbo. Makes sense though that isn't how I was thinking it would be presented.

Since I evidently need to use VRM, that means the display of the 702, and the ability to configure it, only exist when there is an Internet connection, correct? Given that much of the time we don't have Internet access on the boat that is a significant limitation I wish I had understood sooner,

Thanks.

3 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

The BMV is pretty much set and forget.

But you can always change the BMV-702 settings via its LCD display.

And you can also always see the data from BMV (SOC, battery voltage, current in/out the battery, etc.) via Cerbo GX, even without Internet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dave Anderer avatar image Dave Anderer seb71 commented ·

Agreed on the fact that making changes won't be all that frequent.

As for seeing data: "And you can also always see the data from BMV (SOC, battery voltage, current in/out the battery, etc.) via Cerbo GX, even without Internet."

Can the Cerbo GX show me anything other than its HTML Remote Console? That seems somewhat sparse compared to the data in VictronConnect or the VRM.

Thanks for the help here - I'm slowly learning.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 Dave Anderer commented ·

VictronConnect can't show all those graphs/widgets you can see in VRM, either.

0 Likes 0 ·