question

jens-due avatar image
jens-due asked

Energy meter and no inverter no solar data on VRM

I have 2 energy meters Em24 one on grid and one on solar cells and no inverter. I get no solar yield on VRM

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This does not work without a Victron inverter. The energy meters are intended to supplement the Victron inverter and cannot be used randomly on their own.

See Q11 on the Energy Meters Start page here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:start

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

We use energy meters on their own as a precursor to installations. This allows us - especially on three phase sites - to meter in advance of designing and proposing solution.

We also use VRM on sites with only an MPPT and a Lithium battery for monitoring PV production and battery performance.

In both cases, the dashboard is a tad sparse, but it does the job and we get what we need.

@WKirby I will, however, draw your attention to my related comment on this post which I believe would be very useful to other installers: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/43328/re-the-et340-grid-meter-and-a-gx-color-control-and.html?childToView=80507#comment-80507

2 |3000

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Do you get the data when you look "locally" on the animated display within the console?
I also use the energy meter(ET112) without an inverter for various reasons... so that is definitely possible.
Have you configured the "role" for each meter in the device setup?

2 |3000

Related Resources