question

stv avatar image
stv asked

Is it allowed to mount a phoenix smart ip 43 charger horizontally?

Hello Community,

my english skills are not the best. I apologize for that.

My question is: Is it allowed to mount a phoenix smart ip 43 charger horizontally if there is sufficient ventilation? The instructions recommend a vertical installation.

Thank you.

chargerinstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @stv,

the manual states that it requires vertical installation for proper air flow and ventilation. In case you have a warranty claim, this is what counts and technically this is what makes the most sense.

However, from my own experience the PSC IP43 doesn't get really hot when fully charging and I'm pretty sure that it will survive a horizontal installation, provided there is sufficient ventilation available.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stv avatar image stv commented ·

Hi @stefanie,

Many thanks for the quick response.

Your experience with the device will help me make a decision.

0 Likes 0 ·
shawnkaplan avatar image
shawnkaplan answered ·

I just mounted my SmartSolar on it’s side as well. The install was under a bunk, so having the wires that low didn’t provide accessibility. I can’t see it being an issue. Will keep an eye on the heat. I’m only feeding them with 400W @ 19v.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic