question

nillerk avatar image
nillerk asked

Can I have a 2nd VenusOS device in my setup show information from the 1st?

In my RV I am installing VenusOS on a Raspberry Pi 4 and that will go with my equipment. I have another RPI4 that will have a touch screen that I am thinking will also have VenusOS on it to view control the main devices as well as take input from my tanks. Is it possible to see the devices from the 1st RPI on the 2nd RPI GUI? If there are better options on the 2nd device that don't include installing VenusOS and not monitoring the tanks, I am open to that too.

I will have the following devices installed:

- SmartSolar MPPT 150/100

- MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 120V

- Lynx Distributor

- 2 DIY 12V 310Ah LifePO4 Batteries with JBD BMS.

Venus OSRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Nillerk,

no this will not work. GX devices cannot share information from one to another GX device.

But there are other ways to see information on the 2nd Pi from the GX Pi, which is for example Homeassistant, Signal K nor Node-RED (see Venus OS large image) to name a few.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

Just to view you can better use a mobile phone or tablet in the raspi network.

A browser is sufficient, browse to IPnrRaspi and view remote or view the HTML5 App in the browser with IPnrRaspi/App

2 |3000

kvan avatar image
kvan answered ·

Create A VRM account and you can have control, remote logging as well as firmware updates via VRM.
Link: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:getting_started

2 |3000