question

ddunbar avatar image
ddunbar asked

How do I toggle inverter (multiplus) remotely?

I have a newly created Victron set up that I am trying to learn how to use (built by someone else far more proficient than I).

I have a Cerbo DX with control panel, a MultiPlus 24/3000 inverter, etc.

I have figured out how to connect to everything with VictronConnect, VMR, etc, but the one thing I can’t figure out how to do is remotely change the inverter state... even though I can do it from the control panel.

Surely this is possible in the app somewhere? Can anyone tell me where I should be looking for this ability, or maybe help me understand what I need to get it?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Normally you can do this with remote console, my firmware is 474.

multi-switch-a.png

multi-switch-b.png

I am not sure if having a remote panel complicates things.

multi-switch-a.png (29.8 KiB)
multi-switch-b.png (20.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ddunbar avatar image ddunbar commented ·

Ah ha, thanks! I just started wondering if that was the answer, realized I needed to tweak some settings to enable remote console.

It feels like a surprisingly clunky way to have to switch it though... do most people just leave the inverter on? I’ve been in the habit of always turning it off when not actively using the gear I drive with it (eg laptop)

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Go to display settings and enable the Mobile overview page. That has an inverter on/off/charger only selection that's much easier to get to than the menu shown above.

1 comment
2 |3000

ddunbar avatar image ddunbar commented ·

Ooooh, this is indeed much better!

Still seems strange to me this option isn’t available directly in settings in VictronConnect though

0 Likes 0 ·