question

oleh avatar image
oleh asked

Multiplus Compact - How to realize "AC Output 2" similar to Multiplus

Good day,
I have to install a MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80-30 to a boat. In difference to the bigger (not compact) Multiplus the compact units have no AC output 2.
This auxilliary output is nice for cutting off the AC power from the hot water boiler when the Multiplus is inverting to reduce the loads on the battery bank.

Has anybody realized a setup like this?
Thanks for hints and suggestions

Greetings from Flensburg, Ole

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargermultiplus compact
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You have a programmable relay which you can use to activate a bigger contactor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bjorn-n avatar image
bjorn-n answered ·

I have a MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32, the AC output 2 is directly connected to AC input 1 (in my case the grid). To my knowledge, I can't disconnect AC output 2 from AC input 1 by triggering a (built-in) relay.

I would be happen to learn the above statement is wrong though. :-)

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

At the very first batch of the MP-II the AC OUT 2 was hardwired to the input, there is nothing you can do about it.

You can only use the small programmable relay to switch a larger contactor.

0 Likes 0 ·
bjorn-n avatar image bjorn-n commented ·

Oh, it seems I have one of the very first Multiplus-II devices which has AC out 2 hard wired to AC in 1.

More info here: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/MultiPlus-II-to-MultiGrid-and-MultiPlus-comparison-EN.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·