question

bigal avatar image
bigal asked

Venus GX stored data

Does the Venus GX have the option to store data and send it to VRM portal when a internet connection becomes available?

I thought I saw this in the options, but when internet becomes available mine only sends current data?

I am on latest firmware.

VRMVenus OSVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

It should do it automatically, according to the manual. But I never tried this (I always have Internet), so I can't confirm if it actually works or not.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

It worked for me by properly formatting a SD card and inserting it in the GX device.

It transferred the log from weeks before

This was version 2.60 so I assume it will work for you also with the latest version.

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Yes, Venus OS stores data for later transfer to VRM if no internet connection is active. It uses an SD card/USB flash drive for storage. Limited storage is also available internally if no external storage is provided.

If there is a lot of data stored, it can take HOURS to transfer the data and until it's all transferred, no history data is displayed on VRM.

Settings/VRM online portal provides status for the storage: Storage location, free space, Stored records and Oldest record age.

2 |3000

Andy avatar image
Andy answered ·

I thought it would use the same SD card VenusOS is installed on for storing this data?

This is not the case though I believe and it holds these information just in its RAM. I was offline for a week now but restarted the Pi 2 days ago. Only since then, the data was restored, before that time, no data is shown in the VRM :(

Storage location points to Internal storage but it does not seem to work.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Once you setup an SD card for OS installation, the OS won't/can't use it for data.
0 Likes 0 ·