question

saullyman avatar image
saullyman asked

My GX 50 touch screen is dead after 2 weeks.

All of a sudden, i went to touch my display and no output. I unplugged & replugged the usb into a different one reseated the HDMI, rebooted the Cerbo GX. Nothing no output.

gx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Get in touch with your dealer for a replacement.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

saullyman avatar image saullyman commented ·

Yes, good suggestion, I tried another new touch screen it also has the same issue. It would suggest that the Cerbo GX is the culprit.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ saullyman commented ·

@Saullyman

out of interest: were you using an extension cable?

0 Likes 0 ·
saullyman avatar image saullyman Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Daniel,

Yes I was, then I removed it and got the same results.!

0 Likes 0 ·
saullyman avatar image saullyman Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Daniel, This problem started as soon as I plugged in the Victron Nano USB Wifi Extender.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

A long shot, but use the Remote Console and check if the screen brightness is not all the way down.

I don't have a display, so I don't know how dark it gets at minimum, but this is easy to check.

8 comments
2 |3000

saullyman avatar image saullyman commented ·

Thats a great suggestion, however there is no screen brightness adjustment.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 saullyman commented ·

In Cerbo GX, go to Settings - Display & Language and there you have a slider to adjust the brightness:

brightness.png

0 Likes 0 ·
brightness.png (23.0 KiB)
saullyman avatar image saullyman seb71 commented ·

No I do not have that functionality on this screenscreen-shot-2021-03-13-at-82152-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Strange.

Anyway, increase the "Display off time" and see if that changes anything.

What firmware version is in your Cerbo GX?

0 Likes 0 ·

Version 2.63 which is the latest version according to Victron.

0 Likes 0 ·

I can't explain it, but I guess the missing brightness adjustment option and the non working display are likely related.

Edit:
Try to boot the previous firmware and see if the display works and if you have the brigthness adjustement there.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ive rebooted more than a dozen times over several days with the same results, I will tell you that I did purchase another new GX touch screen and I get the same issue/results, which leads me to believe that the issue is within the Cerbo GX itself.

Ill have to contact my distributor on Monday to get a warranty replacement.

0 Likes 0 ·

Not just reboot. Reboot with the other firmware.

Settings - Firmware - Stored backup firmware . Then select the other firmware (previous one, usually) and boot with that.

backup-firmware.png

I agree that the issue is with the Cerbo GX.

But the question is if it is a hardware issue or a software issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
backup-firmware.png (29.8 KiB)
John Van Doren avatar image
John Van Doren answered ·

I have the same problem; so removed the Touch from the (indoors) EMS panel, plugged the Touch to the Cerbo. Panel lit up with limited info on screen, but did not respond to touch. If the culprit was the (2) extension cables, would it not power up and operate when connected to the Cerbo directly?

John

2 |3000

caspartfg avatar image
caspartfg answered ·

Hi have this same issue - I'm about to get the touch replaced, but reading this, is it more likely that it's the GX that is broken?... As a bit more info, if you shine a really bright light on the touch screen you can see the display is actually working, it's just there is no brightness... Also, just to confirm the same issue as others - all the brightness settings have gone from the menu. I've also tried different firmwares

2 |3000

fat-tire avatar image
fat-tire answered ·

I have the "same" issue... the GX Touch screen is black but the touch seems to be working as I can see the screen working when viewing the Remote Console. My firmware version is v2.80.

Did anybody sort it out? Is it the GX Touch screen or the CerboGX?

2 |3000

javierpilote avatar image
javierpilote answered ·

any solution to this problem? After 5 months using it today the screen has remained black. The brightness adjustment menu has disappeared, any solution?

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Please try/check the cables.

2 |3000

javierpilote avatar image
javierpilote answered ·

obviously I don't send a question if I haven't checked the cables. Also it seems that there is a problem since I am not the only one that is happening.

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Please return to dealer for replacement
0 Likes 0 ·
wolfbarnsolar avatar image wolfbarnsolar kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

just installed one & have an issue with PART of the creen not touch sensitive

the line REMOTE CONSOLE is Not selectable same on other screens in the same area tried rebooting cerbo reconnecting etc no difference

contacted dealer who says ther are no issues with screens & (if I return and its not at fault its going to cost me) but returning as its a fault somewhere as I managed to get vrm setup with WiFi then set all the settings via VRM on reading this now wonder if i have blamed the correct device cerbo maybe ?

screen-shot-2022-07-15-at-85211-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
teddysx3 avatar image
teddysx3 answered ·

Hi there,

I have the same problem on my GX 70 touch...Updated the firmware to v2.92. My problem is that it's kind of glitchy, slow response time, not the fastest touch screen, is this normal?

Also my arrow button (back) does not work!!! This is really frustrating because I have to hit MENU every time I want to go back, and it brings me back to the main menu, is this normal that only the arrow doesn't work? I also don't have the function with the display and language...

I'm worried that my touch screen is partially not working, although that really does not make sense...could it be the cerbo gx harware problem?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic