question

pim avatar image
pim asked

Charging 2 batteries via Alternator, MPPT and Multiplus

Hello everybody, I have a question about a Victron-setup which is in a boat I bought. There are 2 separate batteries (start/bowthruster and mains net) and 3 chargers: the alternator, a MPPT with solarpanels and a Multiplus (main output to mains, aux-output to starter battery). But..... both batteries are charged by the alternator (via an ArgoFet) and as said via the 2 outputs on the Multiplus but the MPPT is only connected directly to the main-battery (not via the Argofet). What can be the reason for this? I could think of:

- MPPT cannot cope with the large voltagedrops of the start-battery

- Main-accu is empty earlier so needs the full current coming from the solarpanels

- ?

What do you think? I’m thinking of connecting the MPPT also to the Argo-fet (on the same connection together with the alternator) so also the start-battery is always full. We don’t use the charger often so when we don’t use our motor but do use the bowthruster heavily before docking, the start-battery is getting empty and not charges for days and I don’t think that’s good for the battery

please let me know you opinion! Thanks in advance!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerArgo FET Diode
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
geko22 avatar image
geko22 answered ·

Eine Skizze helfen helfen. So kann man mit der Beschreibung nicht viel anfangen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

geko22 avatar image
geko22 answered ·

E.ine Skizze hilft. So kann man schlecht helfen. Viel ist nicht klar

.Der Text wird geändert, echt doof zu schreiben, wenn das geändert wird

2 |3000