question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.65~4 available for testing

Good evening,

After the first v2.65 public test version announced yesterday, today a follow-up. v2.65~4 is now available for testing.

See change log below.

As said my last post, the target timeline for this release is to finish and release before April.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

Change log v2.65~4

• Add support for the new GX Tank 140 USB accessory. (more info for that later; there is a link somewhere on community with details as well).
  • Add user-configurable filtering (1 to 60 seconds).
  • More improvements for the Inverter RS when connected via VE.Can
  • Stability improvements on the VE.Bus firmware updates, as well as better flow in case a VE.Bus BMS is connected (the application asks the user to arrange someone local to the system to disconnect the VE.Bus BMS; giving him/her 10 minutes for that).

Important: when upgrading to this version, all tank- and temperature configuration settings are migrated to a different format. In case you revert to a prior version, all related configuration will be reset to defaults.

All the best, Matthijs

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
n-dee avatar image
n-dee answered Ā·

Hi,

This one crashes my VE Can MPPTs
Not connected (is flickering) in Cerbo.

firmware-update.png

Back to ~3 and everything ok again.

firmware-update.png (26.9 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi thank you. Weā€™ll look into this

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

there is definitively some issue with those types of mppts; I've received several reports now; we'll be looking at that next week.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
dunnp avatar image
dunnp answered Ā·

As mentioned, the tank and temperature inputs are affected in this version and need a bit of work to get back to where they were. But the analog input page is really messed up!

This is how they look in v2.64 and earlier...

analog-inouts-v263.png

Now they look like...

analog-inouts-v265.png

This is much less intuitive and took a bit of trial and error to work out which were temperature and which were tank inputs. I hope this can be improved in a future version.

Is it possible to pickup the input types from dbus-adc.conf?

Some great enhancements in v2.65-x - eg being able to remove disconnected devices (tested and works a treat); adjustable averaging of tank levels (untested but a real pain point previously) and of course the VE.Bus firmware upgrade (about to test). Nice work.

Cheers

Phil

3 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Phil,

Yes, here is an example:

device	adc/builtin0
vref	2.0625
scale	4095

product	0xa161

label	"Tank Level input 1"
tank	4

label	"Tank Level input 2"
tank	3

label	"Tank Level input 3"
tank	2

label	"Tank Level input 4"
tank	1

product	0xa162

label	"Temperature input 1"
temp	8

label	"Temperature input 2"
temp	7

label	"Temperature input 3"
temp	6

label	"Temperature input 4"
temp	5

thats the file we now have on the cerbo

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Ps for my own notes: youā€™re on a rpi

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Ps2: more info here: https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-adc/blob/master/README.md. Also the sources are there, and commit log.

Success!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
dunnp avatar image
dunnp answered Ā·

Just tried the VE.Bus f/ware update feature. No joy unfortunately. I got the following error twice and could go no further.

fware-update-error.png

Multi is a 24/800/16 (model 2666) currently on v469. Venus is on a RPi on v2.65~4. I did a Venus reboot between attempts.

Phil

8 comments
2 |3000

Thank you for the report. Could be that it doesnt work with an MK3-USB. Most likely we didnt test for that. Iā€™ll come back to this with most likely either that its fixed or confirmation that its not supported

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Holding thumbs for fixed!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented Ā·

Looks like your thumbs worked!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
dunnp avatar image dunnp mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Not sure what has changed but it still doesn't work for me :-(. I tried several more times but still get the same error. I even tried turning Docker off in case it was conflicting. The only other thing I can think of is a reboot of the Multi - but reluctant to do that.

Maybe I wait for v2.65~5??

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ dunnp commented Ā·

Hi, Nothing changed yet. The news was that weā€™ll fix it

0 Likes 0 Ā·
dunnp avatar image dunnp mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Sorry Matthijs - misinterpreted your words and jumped the gun, thinking it was fixed. Phil

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ dunnp commented Ā·

Haha well I was rather cryptic

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Remote vebus fw updates now also works when using a usb-mk3, such as when on a rpi.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
kris avatar image
kris answered Ā·

There is no communication with Garmin GpsMap 8412 in v2.65 ~ 4.

The connection status remains in this position as shown in the picture

After reversing to 2.63 ~ 2, the communication works.

img-2038.jpeg

img-2038.jpeg (487.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi, thanks. Thats an unexpected one - weā€™ll check next week!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
roger-seibel avatar image
roger-seibel answered Ā·

With 265.v4 i am not able to login from ioBroker, 265.v3 works fine. No error messages or more infos available. Someting changed in this area?

EDIT: No login is a bit misleading, with v4 i get no data via mqtt or modbus.

Regards,
Roger

8 comments
2 |3000

Hi, I dont know what ioBroker is?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented Ā·

Roger, what do you mean ā€œlog inā€ from ioBroker? Tell us more about what youā€™re doing with Venus from ioBroker?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
roger-seibel avatar image roger-seibel Warwick Bruce Chapman commented Ā·

I am using ioBroker with Modbus-Adapter and Nod-RED with MQTT to connect to the Venus GX to read values, calculate some things and set for example the setpoint. For ioBroker and Node-RED you should find enough infos via google ;-)

As software engineer i am using these producst for my smarthome (deCONZ Zigbee for connecting my lights an switches, modules for fritzbox, lupusec alarm system, ..., homebridge for connection to apple homekit ...)

Some example pics for a first info:

nodered.jpg

nodered-config.jpg

nodered-dashboard.jpg

iobroker.jpg

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nodered.jpg (276.3 KiB)
nodered-config.jpg (112.4 KiB)
nodered-dashboard.jpg (101.9 KiB)
iobroker.jpg (147.2 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ roger-seibel commented Ā·

Hi, sounds cool, but for me to find out whats wrong I do need more detailed information.

Do you have an issue connecting to modbustcp on the gx device?

Or mqtt?

You mention both in your email.

And in case of mqtt, you do it via our online brokers, or locally?

Both seem to work here: http://venus.local/app works, which uses the local mqtt. And VRM realtime works, which uses the online brokers.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
roger-seibel avatar image roger-seibel mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Everything is local. http://venus.local/app is working with v3, says endless connecting ... with V4, same problem as in next entry from kris. There is a short message (< one second), but the mentioned settings are ok an unchanged.

img-4693.jpg

0 Likes 0 Ā·
img-4693.jpg (64.4 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ roger-seibel commented Ā·

hi, thank you; that helps. Can I login to your system to see whats wrong? Please then enable General -> Remote Support.

So far, on all systems I check on our lab they all work; so would be great to see whats different on yours.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
roger-seibel avatar image roger-seibel mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Done.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Thank you, logged in and found something. More news (and most likely simply a new version with a fix) soon

0 Likes 0 Ā·
djghosie avatar image
djghosie answered Ā·

I've tried the RC4 for a day so far and seems to be getting quite a lot of disconnect with the solar charger (SmartSolar Charger MPPT 100/20 48V ) for data reading.

I've now reverted back to the latest stable and everything went back to normal.

5 comments
2 |3000

Hi, thank you for the report. Is it ok if we login to your system?

Youā€™ll need to enable settings -> general -> remote support, disabled by default.

I did find the installation on VRM.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
djghosie avatar image djghosie mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

OK, I'll try to install the RC again.

Yes, you are most welcomed to log into my system .

0 Likes 0 Ā·
djghosie avatar image djghosie djghosie commented Ā·

Another thing I just noteiced. With the lastest RC installed, does it not provide "realtime" update anymore?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
n-dee avatar image n-dee djghosie commented Ā·

Hi, it provides realtime data but it seems as there is some ongoing work @VRM portal as last actualisation shows 2 min ago although it is realtime.

Furthermore there are some translation-bugs. For exemple it shows %%KEY_NOT_FOUND%% in weather (at least in german version)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ djghosie commented Ā·

Thanks, realtime not working is being looked into, most likely the same issue as Roger and Kris reported. Fails in some systems, and others not. Will be fixed in next test version.

any %KEY-NOT-FOUND is something else. Iā€™ll check that as aell.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
alan-peng avatar image
alan-peng answered Ā·

Hello,

It seems we got a issue when try to update the VE bus firmware. The confirm button was disabled. The GX device is Cerbo. We use Safari and Edge browser on Mac system.

Alan

1615269427727.jpeg

1615269427727.jpeg (323.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Alan!

This is now fixed!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
alan-peng avatar image alan-peng Teun Lassche ā™¦ commented Ā·

Yes, test update firmware successfully. Thanks for quick fixed.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
harold avatar image
harold answered Ā·

Just to be shure, 2.64 will not be released? You go direct to 2.65?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Harold, yes v2.64 has been released already; but only has some changes for the procedure in the factory: we didn't push it to the auto update system, since that would cause 10000s of systems to update themselves for nothing.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
harold avatar image harold mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Clear

Thanks

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources