question

tim22 avatar image
tim22 asked

Ip67 12/25 capacity

The ip67 manual sets the max battery size that can be charged at 225ah. (‘The charger is designed for lead-acid and Li-ion batteries 14-225Ah. Do not use for any other purpose‘). I am currently charging a 200ah lithium bank but would like to go to 300ah. Would this require changing the charger, and if so which charger would be suitable?

Thanks

Tim

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jrg avatar image
jrg answered ·

I don't know the exact reason, but it might just be that using a 25A charger to charge a large battery would cause the charger to operate at full capacity for a long period of time. I would hope that Victron designed the charger to operate at full capacity indefinitely, but maybe it would eventually get hot enough to throttle down to a reduced output, taking even longer to charge the battery.

I just bought an IP67 12/25 and I'm planning to use it to charge a 560ah LiFePo4 battery. Although it's not my main charger and would be rare that I'm charging it from full discharge.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic