question

thijsdevries avatar image
thijsdevries asked

Can I access all device settings through a Cerbo-GX

Hi all, I'm quite new to all Victron products, but planning on purchasing a Cerbo-GX (with Touch 50) with a Multiplus, MPPT, Shunt, BMV and BP. I was wondering if I need to buy the smart-versions of these products (with Bluetooth connection) for easy installation or if I can just as simply access these device settings through the Cerbo-GX. If that is possible I can also buy the 'normal' versions instead of the 'smart' (Bluetooth) versions of these devices.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·
planning on purchasing a Cerbo-GX (with Touch 50) with a Multiplus, MPPT, Shunt, BMV and BP

If by "Shunt" you mean SmartShunt, then you get either that or BMV. Not both. They do the same thing.

Your Bluetooth question really only applies to the MPPT. Get the "Smart" version. You can access most of the settings via Cerbo GX (and VRM), but it's better to have direct access via Bluetooth if needed. The price difference is not that big.

What battery you plan to use?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thijsdevries avatar image
thijsdevries answered ·

Hi @Seb71 Thanks! So regarding the BMV, I might as well buy a 700 instead of a 712. Regarding MPPT I'll make sure to buy a Smart one.

Another question regarding connecting to the Cerbo GX through Bluetooth. Is the internet connection on your smartphone used to upload log files to the VRM portal? Or is that only being done through a direct connection on the Cerbo GX itself (Wifi or Ethernet)?

1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Better get the SmartShunt instead of BMV. It does not have the display, but is cheaper.

Is this a mobile installation (vehicle or boat)?

If it is in a house, best way is to connect the Cerbo GX to your Internet Router (via UTP cable or WiFi) and then access it from a PC (or phone) either locally (remote Console) or with VRM.

Then you don't really need the Cerbo GX optional display.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
4 comments
2 |3000

thijsdevries avatar image thijsdevries commented ·

Thanks. It should be possible to access settings of connected devices through the Touch 50 as well right? I mean locally, not through an internet connection?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ thijsdevries commented ·

Unfortunately not. Locally at the GX Touch 50 without internet you can only access some historical information.

0 Likes 0 ·
thijsdevries avatar image thijsdevries Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Ok, thanks. Wonder why I would want to purchase the Touch 50. Since all this information can be viewed in the Victron app as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ thijsdevries commented ·

To have a quick system overview without using a smartphone/tablet?!

Even without internet you still need some kind of a local network (LAN or WLAN) or connect you phone/tablet to the cerbo's WiFi access point to get the remote console.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/accessing-the-gx-device.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources