question

Javier Moran avatar image
Javier Moran asked

ESS with grid parallel PV Inverter

Dear community, good morning

I have a Multiplus II GX Inverter charger configured with ESS asistant under Optimized mode.

Battery bank 48V 4 x 12V LipoFe Smart Batteries from Victron with VE.BUS-BMS.

The installation has an ET112 grid meter monitoring both Multi and load power.

Grid Set Point is set to 50W to avoid feed in the grid.

Currently I have set Schedule Charging to:

Schedule 1: Everyday Starts at 0:00 / Duration 7:00hs

Schedule 2: Everyday Starts at 7:00 / Duration 11:00hs Stop on SoC 50%

This will charge the batteries during off peak tariff from 0:00 to 7:00 am, Prevent any discharge from 11:00hs to 18:00hs and use all accumulated power during the night.

I am adding a Fronius Primo grid tie inverter with (Fronius Zero feed will be enabled).

I will change my Schedule 1 and add Stop on SoC 70% so I can take advantage of the grid tie inverter to charge the batteries.

My question is how will the system behave since from 11:00hs to 18:00hs Schedule 2 two will be running?. Will it override charge from the grid from Shcedule 2 and charge from the excess in PV Inverter?. I want to take advantage of the solar excess but prevent from charging from the grid during that time.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Multiplus-IIESSVenus OSFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Magnus Pernemark avatar image
Magnus Pernemark answered ·

Yes it will

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Javier Moran avatar image
Javier Moran answered ·

Thanks for you reply.

Best regards,

2 |3000

ishaaq avatar image
ishaaq answered ·

Hi Javier

please provide me a little more information on your installation, i want to implement a similar solution, i currently have an

EasySolar-II 48/3000/35-32 MPPT 250/70 GX

with 2 x Pylontech US300C batteries and 6 x canadian solar 595w panels

i also have a ET112 energy meter and i am running the Victron in ESS

i want to add a

Fronius Primo 5.0-1

i want the Fronius to supply the load during the day and the Victron can assist with any additional power in the day if needed and to charge the batteries to be used during the night, is this possible?

will appreciate your guidance

2 |3000