question

David avatar image
David asked

VRM - data missing battery consumption/usage with Batrium BMS?

I’ve noticed VRM has stopped showing me the blue battery consumption.

you can see in the graph below some blue battery usage, but since feb 6 or 7 it seems to have stopped.

I did update my multiplus to 481 and my Cerbo GX is on 2.63.

I only just this Tuesday added an input side PV production meter (EM24) but it was added 23rd of Feb so was not the cause.

the firmware update would have been around the time it seems to have changed behavior.

Any ideas? I can say for sure I’ve been charging and discharging the battery every day so there should be some blue in the graphs. It’s my favorite colour help!

cdcf4133-7005-469f-804f-29ccedb2ba29.png

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image David commented ·

Now that night has come, the blue battery part of the graph and pie chart should be there, but as you can see it’s empty.

the battery has been powering loads since the sun went down.

Any ideas? Is this somthing to do with 481 firmware or have I messed a setting up?

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Does the Cerbo GX's main display (in Remote Console) show the animation for battery discharging?

In Cerbo GX - Settings - System Setup, what you have set for Battery monitor?

In VRM how does the battery graphs look (battery voltage and current, battery SOC)?

VE.Bus state in VRM?

If using ESS - how does ESS battery life state looks in VRM?

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Animation of battery discharging - yes

the battery monitor is set to automatic and it detects my bms correctly.

In VRM the battery looks fine - I can see SOC, I can see min and max cell values, total voltage, current etc. it’s discharging exactly as expected.

ac3feb28-fbed-403e-bb59-4b8f93b524cb.png
VE Bus state: no errors or warnings.

ESS:

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 David commented ·

Maybe it's some bug with VRM website which is affecting your account.

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image David seb71 commented ·

Yeah. Weird hey.

0 Likes 0 ·

Can anyone else with 481 and 2.63 confirm if this is happening in their VRM?

0 Likes 0 ·
vbdaniel avatar image vbdaniel David commented ·

hankm posted the solution this morning. At least its working for me. Could you fix the problem as well?

Best regards.

Daniel

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @David Ferguson,

Are you using one of the batteries supported by Victron?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Guy

no, I’m using custom lithium with Batrium BMS.

The data is getting to the Cerbo as I can see the discharge/ charge rates etc.

Is there a log I can check to see the required data?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·
vbdaniel avatar image
vbdaniel answered ·

Hi everyone. I have a custom battery with batrium bms and the same issue. Starting around the 22.3.2021.screenshot-2021-03-29-0281bf4ffb31-vrm-portal.png

Its a young system, but it was working just fine at the beginning. Since its also a batrium system, maybe its connected? I noticed, that the history of the battery is empty.

screenshot-2021-03-29-remote-console-on-lan.png

Everything else is as discribed as David post...

The system is a MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 GX...

Hope for any clues...

Best regards.

Daniel

2 |3000

hankm avatar image
hankm answered ·

Hi,

Can you please turn off option "Has DC System" and then check if it is working, had same problem after turning it on.

Regards,

Hank

1 comment
2 |3000

vbdaniel avatar image vbdaniel commented ·

Thank you very much! It seems that was the issue. Don't know why and I never changed the setting knowingly. But it's working now.

Best regards!

Daniel

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, when you enable “has DC system”, the algorithm calculating the kWh energy distribution for both production and consumption requires kWH counter information from the battery monitor.

In this case from the Batrium.

We have given our BMS-Can protocol to Batrium, they will need to update their battery BMS to send those specific kWh in and kWh out data fields to the GX device.

see also here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:faq#what_are_the_requirements_for_the_solar_yield_and_consumption_tab

hope that helps!

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks, I can confirm this is now working with Batrium.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic