question

meteor64 avatar image
meteor64 asked

Autotransformer mounting

I have just received my 100A autotransformer and cannot figure out how it is mounted. Bottom has mounting holes but nothing at the top. A metal plate is included but it is not clear how it should be used. I could hang the top of the case to the plate and screw the bottom tab but the case can still rattle. Noting in the manual on that subject.

Autotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You first mount the plate to the wall and then hang the autotransformer onto the metal plate. Then put two more screws in the bottom holes.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/DimensionDrawing-Autotransformer-120-240VAC-32A-100A.PDF

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

meteor64 avatar image
meteor64 answered ·

That is what I could figure out from that manual and others as it seems to be same pattern on other equipment. It just seemed strange to have case hanging "loose" on upper bracket. This is going in a boat and will get pounded once in a while. I prefer all equipment to be solidly mounted. The movement is minimal but it means the lower bracket will bend ever so slightly repeatedly thus creating metal fatigue.

I guess, since a number of these devices have been mounted on boats before, it worked out fine but to me, it seems flimsy.

2 |3000