question

Lyndsay Cotton avatar image
Lyndsay Cotton asked

Shutdown Procedure for PV / charge controller / Inverter / Battery system

Would someone be able to point me to a shutdown procedure. I am busy putting together a user manual for a customer and I recall reading this somewhere

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Depends on what you have in your system. For instance if you have a PV inverter or not, if the batteries have a built-in on/off switch or not, if you have individual disconnects (for inverter, for charger, etc.) installed or not, etc.

For a DC coupled system connected to the grid (ESS), I would do something like this:

- turn off all AC loads powered by the inverter;

- disconnect AC Out 1 (and AC Out 2 if you use that);

- disconnect AC In (the grid) from inverter;

- turn off the inverter (from the button);

- turn off and disconnect any DC loads you might have from the battery (other than the solar system components);

- disconnect the PV array from the solar charger (preferably not while it is charging the battery);

- disconnect the solar charger from battery;

- disconnect the inverter from battery;

- disconnect the GX device from battery (also the shunt if it is for long term, in which case also consider the battery SOC before storage);

- disconnect the battery from the positive busbar (if you have such a setup).

For re-connecting, do the above steps more or less in reverse order (you can connect the solar charger to the battery before the inverter, for instance).

When reconnecting the inverter to the battery, first pre-charge the inverter capacitors.

For the solar charger, make sure you first connect it to the battery and only then connect the PV array to the solar charger.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lyndsay Cotton avatar image
Lyndsay Cotton answered ·

Thankyou @Seb71

See schematic below - Should you need to change any steps suggested please advise

I appreciate your effort

2 |3000