question

Francesco Pugliano avatar image
Francesco Pugliano asked

Multiplus not switching back on with Venus GX

Hello,

When I switch off the MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 with firmware 413 with my Venus Gx Remote Console with firmware 2.60, I can't switch it back on.

The workaround is to disconnect the network cable on the MultiPlus and reconnect it again.

This should be a known issue because I got the workaround by one of your installers.

My question is: Can VictronEnergy do something to fix the issue?

Thanks and regards,

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus GX - VGXremote consoleMK3virtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

First thing to do would be to update the firmware of your Multi.
Your firmware is very old (I guess at least 2 years) the latest version is 481 released around 2 weeks ago.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Francesco Pugliano answered ·

I just updated the MultiPlus firmware to v481 (latest), but my switch on the Venus GX it's unable to switch the MultiPlus off and on.

img-9114.jpg

img-9114.jpg (1.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

If the switch on the front of my Multi Compact is OFF, the Venus device, can't control the Multi. Mine must be in the ON position.

Multi firmware is 476

2 |3000

Francesco Pugliano answered ·

OK, I fixed the problem myself. I post the solution here hoping that it can be helpful for somebody else. There is a hidden setting buried in the Remote Console under MultiPlus > Advanced that is called Redetect System.

That solved the problem.

On a side note: Updating the firmware of the MultiPlus that I purchased in 2017 was very painful. Version 413 does not support saving the Configuration file using Victron Connect app. So just in order to save my Configuration file, I had to use the old VeConfigure software which does only runs on pc (no Mac). On top of this, to connect the MultiPlus to the computer I had to purchase an adaptor called Victron MK3. This is a serious business for someone like me living full time on a boat sailing around the world.

Anyways, I was lucky enough to be able to also purchase a VE.BUS Smart Dongle and I can now see my MultiPlus on the Victron Connect app and in the future running software updates without having to use the MK3 and the network cable.

Thanks everyone!

img-9146.jpg

img-9146.jpg (3.4 MiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Updating the firmware of a MultiPlus is currently only possible with the MK3 Interface.

Also most settings are only available with the MK3. And assistants can only be setup with the VE.config software.

VE.config is not an old software it's also update and is needed for bigger more complex systems.

0 Likes 0 ·
Francesco Pugliano avatar image Francesco Pugliano Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Ah! That's disappointing. I was told by the local Victron dealer that with the dongle I could have updated the firmware remotely.. I'm looking at the MultiPlus in the Victron Connect app, and it really doesn't allow you to accomplish anything, other then switching the unit on and off.

P.S.: Thanks for correcting me! I'm learning a lot!

img-9148.png

img-9149.png

img-9151.png

img-9150-2.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-9148.png (240.0 KiB)
img-9149.png (280.9 KiB)
img-9151.png (322.9 KiB)
img-9150-2.png (170.3 KiB)