bas-rijniersce avatar image

Correct DVCC setting for Quatto + Pylontech US3000c + Bluesolar MPPT

Hi all,

Recently got a system consisting of:

1x Quattro 48/3000/35

2x Pylontech US3000c

2x BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/35

1x CerboGX

All firmware updates available via the VRM portal have been applied. I don't have a USB adapter, so I guess the inverter is on the firmware it came with.

The Pylontech - Victron setup manual says that the DVCC settings will be automatically populated. This was not the case for me.

What settings should I use for my setup?

DVCC -> On

SVS Shared Voltage Sense -> ?

STS Shared Temperature Sense -> ?

SCS Shared Current Sense ->

SCS Status shows "Disabled, external control"

When I enable limit Charge Current, it defaults to 50A. But I can change it.

It does look like the system sees the batteries correctly. Looking at the max charge current on the battery view, it matches the two batteries I have in my system.

Thank you!

Bas

MPPT - Solar Charge ControllerMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPylontechDVCC
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Bas Rijniersce,

Apologies for the misinformation here - I got a bit ahead of myself, the automatic population of these fields should be enabled in an upcoming version of Venus OS.

For now;

DVCC must be enabled.

Shared Voltage, Temperature and Current Sense should be OFF

3 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi Guy,

But DVCC should be abled, and "Limit Charge Current" -> "Enabled". Should I manually set the charge current limit to the 74A that the x2 stack reports as the charge limit?

Is there an ETA on the next software release?

TX!

Bas

Yes, DVCC MUST be enabled (edited to add)

The limit charge current does not need to be set manually, but can be if you like.

The system will honour the charge current limit that is communicated from the Pylontech batteries, and not exceed that.

You may wish to reduce this further for some reason with manually adjustable limit charge current feature. This is not so much an issue for 2 batteries, but if you had 10, you might want to keep charge current within other external constraints such as the limits of wiring and fusing.

No estimate on update - but it isn't necessary for the smooth operation of your system, just a convenience to not have to manually configure DVCC, SVS, STS and SVS.

alan avatar image alan bas-rijniersce ·

As guy has said, you can manually set the charge current to whatever you like but the batteries won't let the charge current go above the CCL dictated by the batteries.

I set it to the max dependant on battery config, especially for large systems with multiple sources. It probably doesn't make a difference.

davidrkennedy avatar image
davidrkennedy answered ·

Hello

Very similar setup but with Multiplus 2 and just an ongrid for today (waiting on stock of a BlueSolar) I just setup the DVCC setting so finding this was great to confirm that the three settings need to be off but I have an issue that the Cebro gives me a high battery voltage alarm with 91% 92% SOC and the charging stops... I can clear the alarm and sometime it will go back to charging the batteries with 10 amps but that only lasts a few minutes so for now I cannot get near 100% charge. Any ideas thanks .