anders asked

Venus GX connected to Garmin MFD

Hello all,

The setup:

Multiplus12/1200/50

Venus GX

BMV 712

Garmin 7410 MFD

According to both Victron and Garmin, you should see a "victron Venus" Icon on the Garmin display, once you have connect the two via UTP cable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWdEQfYZKEs

However, this does not happen in my setup. Firmware is up to date on all components.

Venus pics up information from both MultiPlus and BMV.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Anders

Multiplus-IIVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Anders, thats a function announced; but not available yet. Its expected end of Q1. See also the blogpost linked from the video.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Petar Maksimovic avatar image Petar Maksimovic commented ·

Mvader, will it work on existing GPSMAP 74xx series, or only on announced GPSMAP Plus and existing 84xx which supports OneHelm (HTMLv5)?

0 Likes 0 ·
anders avatar image
anders answered ·

Dear mvader,

Thanks for your reply. I was sure the functionality was already implemented.

Looking forward to the premiere;-)

Cheers

Anders

2 |3000

technomadia avatar image
technomadia answered ·

I haven't yet connected the Venus to the Garmin (still have one wire to pull), but ever since the last Garmin firmware update I am seeing a Victron button on the main MFD menu.

I am eager to get them talking to each other - hopefully next week!

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Are you seeing a victron button even though they are not on the same network? That surprises me.

Photo or picture?

The only way I thought you could get a victron icon now on the garmin is by running Venus OS beta version

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:beta-testing

(And you’ll loose it in the coming days if you’ve auto update enabled; since I’ll soon push a version without the feature into the systems setup to run on candidate/beta firmware. To soon thereafter revert back to the v2.30 beta testing which does have a preliminary version of the feature)

0 Likes 0 ·
technomadia avatar image technomadia mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ok - this is really weird. I powered up our chart plotter to try and grab a photo, and the Victron icon is gone now. I am really puzzled what might be at work here to cause this - I didn't do anything special to cause it to appear.

I will poke around and let you know if I can get it to come back.

0 Likes 0 ·
kea avatar image
kea answered ·

Any update on this topic? Anyone testet this on a GPSMAP74xx?

2 |3000