I am relatively new to campervan setups, and I do not have a background in 12v electrics.
I have had a Victron Smart Solar 20A 100V MPPT installed in my campervan together with a new leisure battery, which I am really pleased with on first inspection.
There are a number of options in the Victron Connect app to allow configuration of the Smart Solar 20A 100V MPPT, here are the settings I am talking about.
It looks like most of the settings (Charge Voltages etc.) are set by either selecting a Battery Preset (see options below), or by selecting "expert mode" and specifying your own numbers for the Charge Voltages. The "factory default" seems to be the Gel Victron Deep Discharge option.
The other Battery Preset options available are:
It says in the manual to ensure the settings match your specific leisure battery, and this is where I am struggling - I cannot seem to locate the information needed. The leisure battery installed is a 12V 110AH Xtreme AGM Leisure Battery (XR1750) NCC Class A.
So, my question are:
- Are the Factory Default settings ok for my specific battery? Or should I change them?
- If I need to change them, then:
- Should I pick another pre-set, if so which one?
- Or, should I use expert mode and set the Charge Voltages manually? And if I do, what numbers should I use?
A final (less important question) also
- What does the "equalisation stuff" do, and do I need to worry about it?