question

geordied avatar image
geordied asked

Which battery in the bank should Smart Battery Sense connect to?

Hi, I'm going to add the Smart Battery Sense to our Bluesolar 100/50 mppt controller to improve charging on our battery bank. The system is 24v and we have 4 x 6v FLAs in series. Which battery should the SBS be connected to (and presumably to both terminals on the same battery)?

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

with the info supplied

I would connect them to the same pos and neg connection that goes to all the loads.

otherwise we would need a diagram of how the current batteries are connected

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

geordied avatar image
geordied answered ·

It's a standard wiring configuration for batteries in series, as my diagram shows.

2 |3000

geordied avatar image
geordied answered ·

Is there anyone here from Victron who can answer my question please?

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Did you read the manual?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/smart_battery_sense_manual

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking

obviously you'll need to connect to the most negative terminal and the most postive, otherwise you can't read the battery voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·
jav6joev avatar image
jav6joev answered ·

@Boekel not clear what the ‘most negative’ or ‘most positive’ terminals are. Manual downloaded in 2021 didn’t have any reference.

1 comment
2 |3000

@jav6joev

like in the picture above, most left and most right

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual