question

Stephen Otto avatar image
Stephen Otto asked

Multiplus 24/3000 violates input current limit settings

How do I prevent the MP from exceeding the input current limit settings? 17391-e7dcd96b-8cba-46be-be07-787348c106e9.jpeg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercurrent limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
88benjy88 avatar image
88benjy88 answered ·

I am having the same problem. I set the AC Current Limit via a BT Dongle and the inverter/charger blows through the limit when I plug in a generator to top up the batteries. No solution yet other than trying to configure it via VE Connect. Now waiting for the MK3 USB adaptor because nothing is easy with Victron it seems

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mattylight avatar image
mattylight answered ·

Stephen did you ever come up with an explanation? I'm running a MultiPlus II on a 50A split phase RV. My input current limit only seems to affect one of my two hot legs. The MP lets the other leg pull as much current as it wants, and that kinda defeats the purpose.

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
Power assist does not apply to L2 when the 2x120 is connected to split phase so yes you could draw more than the shore supply. Power assist only applies to L2 when the shore connection is single phase such as a 30a plug. In this case the L2 input is ignored and L1 and L2 outputs are connected together, and power assist/current limit then applies to both legs combined.
0 Likes 0 ·