question

ross-skyenergy avatar image
ross-skyenergy asked

GX LTE 4G - 154 DNS Error (fixed)

Hi

I have lost communication from a Venus to VRM portal for the last 5 days, upon a site inspection I found VRM setting to have the error #154 DNS Failure

The GSM settings seem all okay and the internet shows, "Online"

Firmware 2.6 on the Venus

The system was working fine for about a month.

screenshot-20210215-145114-edge.jpg

screenshot-20210215-145052-edge.jpg

screenshot-20210215-144357-edge.jpg

Venus GX - VGXgsm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
David avatar image
David answered ·

Initial feedback from Victron below, which we will check to see if this solves the problem:

- Please first check SIMcard in other device, or try known working SIMcard in GX. 99% of time these problems are from non-working SIMs (run out of data, etc.)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ross-skyenergy avatar image
ross-skyenergy answered ·

It turns out Telstra had mistakenly barred this sim card's data usage... problem solved

2 |3000

alan avatar image
alan answered ·

I've had this same thing crop up whilst on site, on wifi from a 4G router.

Tried multiple dongles, reboots, https off etc with the same response.

2 |3000

omondi-odhiambo avatar image
omondi-odhiambo answered ·

Hi @ross-skyenergy and @Alan. Error #154 DNS Failure means that the CCGX has no internet connection. See CCGX manual for more details.

1 comment
2 |3000

ross-skyenergy avatar image ross-skyenergy commented ·

Hi @Omondi Odhiambo

1. The CCGX communicated to VRM successfully for at least a month before this issue with no changes
  2. The GSM module is showing the Internet as "Online"

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic