question

christianh avatar image
christianh asked

Easycaravan-II-12/3000/120-MPPT-GX-HDMI

Hey together,

I hope you all are fine and in the current situation you and your families are well :)

This is my very first post in this community so I hope to follow all the rules and guidelines.

My situation:

At the last Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf I fullfilled my dream and bought a new caravan together with my familiy. (It is amazing what a boom was last year in this sector.) I will receive it in the middle of 2021. Right now I am planning the electronics and have some problems concerning the electronics.

Because I am working in the IT, I will have the possibility to work from nearly anywhere in the world, only there must be internet and electricity ^^ Therefore I like to include Victron products, that give me the possibility to supply all my electronics and the possibility to live in there with almost the freedom and quality like in my home. For example i'd like to be able to use my hairdryer or my waterboiler or my toaster or my computer including monitor.

At my home I use 2x Pylontech US2000 LiFePo together with an MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50 and it works like a charm. (I want to mention, that I had the EasySolar-II 48/3000/35-32 MPPT 250/70 GX for a week and had also the best experiences with it - I only replaced it with the Multiplus, because I did not get permission to install a big solar system like I wanted and therefore liked the fact, that the Multiplus could supply more power.)

My problem:

Now I search components for my caravan. Because the whole system will run on 12V I need good components like my home-components but for the new situation.

I spoke to many dealers, most of them told me, my wishes where absolutly impossible. I know that's wrong, but anyway I need a professional, that will install the right components. So I want to plan it and then ask someone to install it. My experiences showed me: If it's simple, then every dealer would do it, but I showed them the wiring diagrams of your products and they said, if it's so complex they won't install it :( I showed them: https://www.victronenergy.de/upload/documents/VE-direct-drawing-with-Phoenix-charger-12-50-1-inverter-375W-Li-Batt-smallBMS-MPPT-100-30-Orion-Tr-smart.pdf

I ask myself, why is there no Easysolar GX or Multiplus GX for caravans with 3000W and 12V all fit into a nice little package?

My ideas:

Something like a Cerbox GX included in an Multiplus-II-12/3000/120 or what whould be absolutely amazing a Cerbo GX included in an Easysolar-II-12/3000/.... with only a small MPPT because on the roof of a caravan there is no place for soooo many solar panels but weight and size does matter.

I like the idea, that the Cerbo GX has this beautifull option with the GX Touch 50, that has only to be insertet over HDMI which would be such a nice option for a simple installation in a caravan.

Because of the fact that there will be our dogs with us, the components should not make very highfrequent noise like an 150/35 MPPT did ( https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/20339/15035-mppt-10-khz-noise.html ).

Just to end with a fun: I think an "Easycaravan-II-12/3000/120-MPPT-GX-HDMI" would fit a real niche. ^.^

So this were all my ideas. I follow your evolution of products for 2 years now, love them and would be so happy, to hear, that something would come to birth sometime, maybe this year. :)

I am so excited to hear your ideas, maybe there is already something, that I have overseen.

Thank you very much and kind regards

Christian

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxEasySolar All-in-Onegx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
hakogef avatar image
hakogef answered ·

"My experiences showed me: If it's simple, then every dealer would do it, but I showed them the wiring diagrams of your products and they said, if it's so complex they won't install it :( "

Guess what!

I told for Victron I would like to make a mobile workshop and go to the client and install the system what they want and can you imagine I didn't received any response from they at all? :)

The history it is: they started in maritime usage; and if they are listed to stock echange they have to have fixed rules( like any company) usually need a young manager, a reorganisation to embrass the caravan or campervan conversion ideas along with maritime and house solar cells.

I am in almost the same situations like you, I want a 48V bus system, but it is to new for they :)

But you can be happy, at least not only got a repsonse, but even an offer too ( for what you don't need of course)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hakogef avatar image
hakogef answered ·

BTW: I found they have 6V and 220V batteries. If you want a 12V system should be connected 2 in series and 2 in paralell, with the Balancer of course.

I still like the 48V and I would change almost all consumer devices to 230V, ex lights too, maybe waterpump too. Or I would transform back from 230Vto 12V with a tiny power.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @christianh

Welcome.

You seem set on 12V, and want to design a powerful system based on 12V. I wouldn't, and that's perhaps why your 'dealers' don't want to install it. The diagram you posted has just a tiny inverter, and what you need is different..

12V is a pain for all but small systems. Made that mistake myself, never again. I changed to 48V (24V possible too, but dammit!), and went for an Orion 48>12 converter for the 12V loads. On a boat too, albeit a 19m one.

I do use a 5kVA Easy, but really only for the ac breakers in that model, which was handy. But I'd have no issue whatsoever piecing together the components rather than having an Easy box.

So forgive me for suggesting you reconsider your dream. Well at least how you achieve it. But that's what I'd do..

2 |3000