question

andrewb avatar image
andrewb asked

BYD B.Box 13.8 alarm translation?

Seems b.box 13.8 connected to quattros and CCGX doesn't work. But I can't translate it's alarm.

4 times blinking BMU means battery failure. error and alarm leds blinking?

ESSBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

A red light must be reported to the place of purchase of the BYD. It is an internal fault, and should be fixed under their warranty.

To find out exactly what is wrong, an RS485 to USB converter (like Victron sells here) connection is required. When the battery in fault is connected directly with a computer, the BYD Battery & Query History Tool provides the diagnosis.

This is a technicians job, and that is a service tool. So if you are a customer, you are strongly advised to return the battery to where you bought it and let a technician service/replace it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

@BYD_service might be able to help.

But if it's not setup in a system that's properly engineered, I doubt BYD are willing to support you.

2 |3000

byd-service avatar image
byd-service answered ·

Hello Andrew,

Can you email me the details of this system? agarcia@eft-systems.de

By the way, why is there no cable between the BMU and the inverter?

Thank you

1 comment
2 |3000

andrewb avatar image andrewb commented ·

It's the second video. We turned it off to see the difference. But error is the same. What details do you need? I really can't say more then on video.

0 Likes 0 ·
byd-service avatar image
byd-service answered ·

Hello Andrew,

We need to analyze the root cause.

could you send the system configuration, serial number of the bms and batteries, what had the system been doing before and ideally link to VRM.

Thank you

2 |3000