question

rnmc avatar image
rnmc asked

Smart Shunt lost connectivity after firmware update

Did a firmware update on my smart shunt after the VictronConnect app said I had to. Then tried to update pin from default to a new one. I was unable to complete pin update and lost all connectivity with the shunt. The app will not accept the default or the new pin. When I try to change the pin in the app, it says the PUK code is wrong. I can see the shunt in the app but not on my phone bluetooth list. The bluetooth blue light is flashing on the shunt.
I’ve tried everything in the troubleshooting guide but no luck. I even tried using my wife’s phone to install the shunt from a clean start. Same results.

I suspect the firmware update or the pin change got corrupted.

What can I do now?

Thanks

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Try de-powering the smartshunt fully for say 10 min then repower and try to connect again and or Try the update again, if you still cant get connected to it,

If you have a venus GX device connected to the VRM and you also have connected the smartshunt via ve direct to the GX device , then try doing a firmware update on the VRM to the smartshunt.

then you will need to return the unit to you victron dealer, who I suspect will replace it under warranty.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rnmc avatar image
rnmc answered ·

Thanks Paul,

I have tried powering it down for an extended period. I removed it completely to verify the PUK code and it was disconnected for over 30 minutes. I don’t have a GX device so can’t do that.

I did contact the dealer but he said he would have to check with Victron about the warranty.

I just bought it new a couple weeks ago while at the Quartzsite RV show. It worked fine before I did the firmware update.

I was hoping there would be some way I could reset it to a known good firmware version, reset the PIN by some other means, or figure out why it says the PUK code is wrong.

I have no idea what happened here. I suspect the firmware update. It’s a shame there is no apparent way out of this hole without going through the warranty hoops.

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Victron really does great warranty there are usually NO hoops to go through. just find your local Victron Dealer take the unit to them with your purchase docket. if its not working then it will be replaced. (try doing it throuigh who you purchased it off first as they also wont have any issues getting it replaced NORMALLY.

Note I am not a victron representative so no promises but this is my experience. Just a great firm to deal with.

0 Likes 0 ·
rnmc avatar image
rnmc answered ·

Thanks, that’s encouraging. I suppose the dealer just has to get Victron’s approval before replacing it.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic