I have created a VenusOS driver that can talk to BMS/Batteries that has serial communications (instead of the normal CANbus). RS485/RS232/TTL/UART and Venus 2.80+ have been tested.
Currently it works with
- JBD BMS (LLT Power / Overkill Solar)
- Daly BMS (Daly Smart BMS / Daly Sinowealth based BMS)
- ANT BMS
- MNB spi BMS - disabled by default as it requires extra libraries installed to work. Contact @Mike Dorsett for information
- JKBMS / Heltec
- Tian Power BMS (Revov battery / LifePower)
- ECS (GreenMeter)
The current release is on GitHub if you want to check it out.
The driver will act as Battery Monitor inside VenusOS which will also publish the battery to your VRM.
The following values are included:
- State Of Charge
- Can handle batteries with from 3 - 32 cells
- battery temperature
- min/max cell voltages
- raise alarms from the BMS
- available capacity
- history of charge cycles
You can up-vote for your BMS to be added to the driver in the issue list on github.