question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.62~12 available for testing

Good day all,

A new version is available to test as a Release Candidate, version v2.62~12.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

The goal is for this beta release to be one of the very last ones before official release. Please give it a good test and report below if all works well, or if you see any regressions or other issues.

Fingers crossed, this would be the last release candidate; there are no more open issues from our side to look into.

Changes in v2.62~11 & 12

• Fix an issue on a specific simcard / network (EE in the UK) where the GX GSM wouldn't work. Thank you @Mark for helping us with finding and fixing this!
  • Add Network status menu for the CAN-bus(ses), showing packet and error counters. The aim of that menu is to help identifying that there is an issue in the CAN communication. Bus off errors are never to occur in a running system, another error now and then is fine and ERROR ACTIVE is a normal state thats not to worry about. We'll later add this to the manual and explain the details.

To see the changes in previous v2.62 beta versions, start with the previous post, here.

Thats it for now, all the best!

Matthijs

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered Ā·

Hi Matthijs,

is there any chance that the chargery Power addin made by Toby17 can be inbeded or even if not in 2.62 then in the OS large version

thoughts

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

For sure not in v2.62; and if at another time I dont know.

i do have an idea for Toby to make installation a little bit easier, Iā€™ll tell him.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mediacut avatar image
mediacut answered Ā·

Is there any chance to see in future versions temperature sensors connected to Cerbo to VRM?

Thanks

7 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hey @mediacut, I'm pretty sure that what you're asking already works. Go to the advanced page on VRM and there select the temperature widgets.

Note that I'll close this thread, as I prefer to keep the number of beta threads open to a minimum: if still have an issue please ask a new question. thanks!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mediacut avatar image mediacut mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hello,

I know is in advanced tab, I was wondering if will show here like tanks.

screenshot-2021-01-30-at-124548.png

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mediacut commented Ā·

perhaps yes, nice idea. We'll look into that - thanks!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mediacut avatar image mediacut mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Nice! Thanks

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mtnscott avatar image mtnscott mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

perhaps not just current temp but some history for each?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mtnscott commented Ā·

history is on the advanced tab in vrm

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mtnscott avatar image mtnscott mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Thanks, I was just noting that the PV Charger, AC Loads tiles have not only the current value but some of the history in the graphic. Where the example provided for temperature just has the current value. I'm sure when / if you decide to implement you will follow the same pattern as is used on the other tiles. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources