question

bibbjs avatar image
bibbjs asked

Absorption time too long for Lithionics

We have an RV installation with a Lithionics 630Ah battery (external BMS) and charge sources of Multiplus 3000W, Smart Solar MPPT and Orion DC-DC 30. I am trying to set up the absorption time to be no longer than 30 minutes per the Lithionics team recommendations and am finding a hard limit of 1 hour minimum. Is there a way to shorten this time? I see the balance occurring within 15 minutes generally with a tail current of about 0.5A. I don't want to cook my batteries!

VRMLithium Batterymultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

For the SmartSolar charger you should be able to set any Absorption time, starting from zero, in 1 minute increments.

For the Multiplus, as a workaround, you could decrease the Absorption voltage. From the spec sheet I found, their recommended voltage is kind of high anyway (29.2V, so 3.65V cell voltage).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bibbjs avatar image
bibbjs answered ·

Yes, I have done that with the solar. The Orion and the multiplus however are still too long.

2 |3000

Related Resources