question

dfraizer avatar image
dfraizer asked

MK3 to USB with Mac OS is this available?

I have been following the community post on this topic and it looks like that option was being developed. Is it available today? I currently only use a Mac.

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know Not yet.

However there are some features in Victron Connect that are available for phones and tablets but you need to connect these to the MK3 unit. through the phones USB C port

I dont know the full ins and outs as I us android

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ian avatar image
Ian answered ·

I use VE tools (VEconfig etc) and Mk3-USB with a Mac but it's a dual boot Mac OS/Windows machine running in Windows mode. I do not beleive this is a Mac Os version of VE tools.

2 |3000

dennisc avatar image
dennisc answered ·

Here we are a year later and I still cannot configure my $2000 purchases. This is wtf. Give me my money back.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
The MK3 should work on Mac with VictronConnect, but atm you don't have access to all settings (assistants).

Victron is still working on VictronConnect to fully replace VE.config but this will need more time.

If you want your money back you have to contact the seller from whom you bought the device you have.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

With a hyperdrive (usb-c to USB-ancient adapter) you can connect a mk3 to a mac and use victron connect just fine. You can't use veconfigure without a windows VM.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic