question

45matches avatar image
45matches asked

VRM Online Portal #153 Connection Error

Been offline for 12 days. None of the other articles describe how to fix the issue. An answer that describes how to fix this issue would be helpful, and appreciated.

765db944-86cd-4e03-b5e5-801cd3eea81a.jpeg

cerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @45Matches,

This is the documentation and troubleshooting procedure for VRM connection errors:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/vrm-portal.html#UUID-c6032252-9e32-f3d3-57ea-e6978bb0f62c

Please post the results of those screens shown in that guide and it might indicate where the specific issue lies in your case.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrewborstein avatar image
andrewborstein answered ·

In case it helps other people, I ran into the same issue and fixed it by simply opening my WiFi settings on the panel connected to my Cerbo GX.

I went to Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi networks and clicked on the network it was previously connected to, which was showing some sort of bad status like "Disconnected" or maybe "Failure". As soon as I tapped to reveal the details of that network connection, its "State" automatically changed to "Connected". That's it! Seems kind of silly I had to do that at all, but it worked.

2 |3000

Scott Clark avatar image
Scott Clark answered ·

Double-check your wifi password.

2 |3000

antonioz avatar image
antonioz answered ·

Hi all

Quite annoying issue this #153 error.

I tried everything: different ethernet networks, different wifi... changing parameters..... nothing.

Finally came the easy solution just doing this:

1. download the last firmware from here:

https://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/

2. Save the image to an USB pen drive and insert this in your raspi usb plug

3. Reinstall the recognized new firmware (in my case 9.40)

4. Restart the raspi

Thats all!

*In my case the problem appeared when I combined two sim cards with two installations on the same hardware. previously I had installed the Setuphelper from Kwindrem (thousand thanks) and a relais hat.

Now all runs perfect again.

Good luck!

2 |3000

chafre avatar image
chafre answered ·

Update date and time

2 |3000

Related Resources