question

ecoworld avatar image
ecoworld asked

What’s the best resource for learning more about how to design & config a Multiplus GX based 48V UPS for customers with existing non Fronius Grid Inverters?

What’s the best resource for learning more about how to design & config a Multiplus GX based 48V UPS for customers with existing non Fronius Grid Inverters?

I have multiple sales leads of people wanting a UPS and they have existing 6kW Grid Exporting String inverters, not always Fronius of course. I’ve found the basic block wiring diagrams but no real finer details. I’d assume that a Bluetooth Shunt and Multiplus II GX should be the appropriate hardware I’m just not clear on how to configure everything.

ups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I dont think there is is any such item

however resurching how the frequency shift feature of the victron units and how it works. is extremely important, plus testing that it is working correctly on a site

and the one to one rule

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:pv-inverter-support

also you will need to find out how the frequency shift for derating a grid tie unit is done and every grid tie unit is diferant

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @EcoWorld,

Great to hear you are interested in more Victron Training - my first suggestion would be to run through the Victron Online Training Program - http://professional.victronenergy.com/online-training/

It is not EXACTLY what you are after, but will still be very valuable in getting to know some of the necessary terms and capabilities and will really help you quickly understand what is required for AC coupled PV UPS systems.

Once you have completed that training program - you will probably have much more specific questions can can be asked and better answered here on the community.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic